The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is an exploration-based first-person mystery game. As the enigmatic detective Paul Prospero, you will discover the truth behind Ethan’s disappearance and the fate of his family.
You play the game as Paul Prospero, the enigmatic detective who receives a disturbing letter from Ethan Carter. Realizing that Ethan is in grave danger, Paul arrives at the boy’s home in Red Creek Valley to discover that things are in worse shape than he had anticipated. Ethan disappears after a brutal murder, and Paul quickly realizes that this isn’t the only murder in the area worth investigating.
Inspired by the bizarre genre of fiction (and other spooky stories) that emerged in the early twentieth century, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter aims to improve immersive storytelling in games significantly. While there is a private detective and some mind games in the game, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter isn’t mainly a puzzle-filled game. Our focus is on the atmosphere, mood, and the essential humanity of our characters.
But of course, the discoveries won’t happen on their own or without your help. Using Paul’s supernatural power to talk to the dead and your observation skills, you’ll discover the mystery behind a path of corpses, the roots of a dark and ancient force roaming the Red Creek Valley, and the fate of a missing child.
- Explore and interact with the beautiful yet sinister world of Red Creek Valley, created using revolutionary photogrammetry technology.
- Please communicate with the dead to help you piece together the pieces of truth and learn how they died to gather clues.
- Live a non-linear narrative experience that combines cheap magazine stories, private detective, and horror fiction.
- Conduct the investigation in your way and at your own pace. There aren’t any fight scenes in the game, and most of the spooky parts are constantly unsettling rather than using direct horror components.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter’s story is powerful, and its world is one of the most beautiful I’ve ever played through.
A tense and spooky stroll through a gorgeous world, some fun supernatural detective work, and an efficient script with sparse dialogue.
Freeform exploration can be tedious, but the tense moments will race your heart.
Get Game Giveaway!
- Go to the PROMOTION page
- Download Epic Games Launcher: