Microsoft announces that Power Automate Desktop, an enterprise workflow automation tool, is now free for all Windows 11 and Windows 10 users.
Microsoft calls Power Automate Desktop a “robotization solution for business processes,” but simplistically, it can be considered a very powerful macro recorder. The solution comes with 370 preset action templates that automate various routine tasks in different applications. What’s more, you can create custom scripts to automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
Power Automate Desktop is free for all Windows 10 and Windows 11 users
Power Automate Desktop was launched in September 2020 after Microsoft acquired Softomotive in early 2020. Since then, Redmond has expanded on Softomotive’s technologies and integrated them deeper into its stack.
If you want to test Power Automate Desktop, you can download the solution from the Microsoft servers. In addition, the tool became part of Windows 10 and Windows 11 builds, all the way up to Windows Home. So far, a single-user license for Power Automate Desktop has cost at least $15 per month.
Corporate VP of Power Platform at Microsoft Charles Lamanna said:
Our mission was to democratize development for all users using the Power Platform. It can be done by creating products that are understandable and accessible to everyone and either do not require working with code at all or involve minimal interaction with the code. We follow this strategy in both Power Apps and Power Automate. Another interesting question is how to expand the view of a typical PC user to make him believe that he can become a developer?
Lahmann said the decision to make the product free removes licensing hassles and clarifies to Windows users that they can easily create bots and automate routine tasks.
Even at the design stage, we tried to make it so that users do not think about loops and text parameters – record a script using a macro recorder and then run it.
Free Microsoft Power Automate Desktop License
To obtain a free license for Microsoft Power Automate Desktop for Windows 10 and Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. Download the program from the link below:
- Windows 11 Home, Windows 11 Pro, Windows 11 Enterprise, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server 2022
- Minimum 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 and higher
2. Install the program on your computer. Sign in with your Microsoft account, and the free license will be activated automatically.
- You get a lifetime license for Microsoft Power Automate Desktop for Windows.
- Free upgrades to new versions are available.
- Free technical support is not available.
- They are designed for personal and commercial use.